Tuesday 23 December 2014

Memebox Special 74 Cleopatra: Unboxing and Review

Cleopatra, comin' atcha. Cleopatra, comin' atcha. If you recognised that, then you are extremely cool.


Memebox Global Shop
This box was a $29 box and I was expecting lots of luxurious milk products, as everytime Memebox puts a milk product in a box Cleopatra's name come up!



This box has received mixed reviews due to the nature of some of the products, as has one of its bundle counterparts Empress' Secrets, so lets have a look and see what we got in this box!


Behold, the $42 bath bomb!
I was initially a little disappointed to see only one milk product, especially as my recent Cleomee obsession had me hoping there would be some of their donkey milk items in here!

1. Xaivita+ Goat Milk Whitening  Cream 70g $70
First things first, those are sheep! However the packaging is crazy cute and I am loving the faux wood lid. Super fancy. This is included in the Cleopatra box as she reportedly drank plenty of goat milk and even bathed in it. I feel like this myth was debunked but it is definitely one I have heard before. As with most of Korean skincare, 'whitening' in this context means brightening and does not contain any pigment altering properties. You can use this as a general day or night moisturiser or mix it with sunscreen.

2. Cossu Body Ade - Rose 190ml $29
This bubble soap contains 75% rose water, which apparently was another product that Cleopatra bathed in. You can use this product as a foam cleanser, body wash, shampoo or bubble bath. I think I will be using this as a bubble bath. As you can see in the picture it seems to be a mixture of a lumpy milky consistency and then a clear orange part. Mine leaked a bit in the box but at least it smelt nice and not too much was lost!

3. WillSpa Touch Secret Touch for Women 12ml $35
This 'secret touch' for women is for when you want to feel 'sensual and seductive.' Well clearly that is all the time so I am glad I got this as I couldn't do it on my own. The frankincense and rose were part of Cleopatra's purported beauty regimen, and this also contained bergamot, ylang ylang and lavender. This is pleasant smelling and I received another of these in the not so Green Foods box which I have been enjoying. You roll it on your wrists and neck as and when needed.

4. Calmia Facial Cleanser Oatmeal Therapy Foam 150ml $10
This doesn't specify what Cleopatra did with it but I guess she probably bathed in this too, there isn't much she didn't bathe in! Admittedly I am not getting a huge smell of oatmeal from this but I think its supposed to be enriched with oatmeal extract rather than smell like it, as it has chamomile, basil, rosemary and lavender all of which would drown out any oatmeal smell anyway! You just use this as a normal foam cleanser.

5. Aromawiz Spa Bath Bomb Chocolate 150g $42
Controversial product! I am going to give Memebox benefit of the doubt here and assume this is a typo, as these bath bombs retail for around $7-10 on eBay. Maybe they meant a set of 3 or 4 is $42? Anyway I love bath bombs, and I am planning on stocking up like a madwoman on Boxing Day in Lush, so this is always a nice thing to have. I obviously wouldn't pay $42 for it! So on this product I assume Cleopatra had chocolate, oatmeal, goat milk, rose water and frankincense baths. Such a fancy lady!

Overall this box isn't knocking it out of the park but it is all useable to me, and I am a fan of quite a lot of it so it gets my approval. It isn't one I would get a restock of but it is one that I enjoy!

Memebox are still running their 12 days of Christmas, two days left! Boxing Day Box 1 came out yesterday so maybe 2 will be out later tonight? You can use RQ6V9A for $5 off if you order comes to over $30!

12 Days of Christmas Promotion
Happy shopping!
Martha x

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading all your posts because, more than the boxes you unbox, I love the way you write :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Dollie! I try to make it as light hearted as I can (and humorous!)

      Delete