Thursday 13 November 2014

Memebox Superbox 76 While You Were Sleeping: Unboxing and Review

A nighttime skincare box with the same name as a horror film? What could possibly go wrong? I cannot talk anyway as I haven't seen the film, perhaps the monster/ghost/murderer gives their victims a full on spa before their impending doom.

The addition of the scary sheet mask picture was unnecessary!
I really enjoyed the Sleeping Beauty Princess edition Memebox, and I like the idea of having skincare thats works overnight as I often find it hard to fit everything into a day! So lets have a nosey at my box!
So here are all the products in an artful arrangement.



You get eight full size items in this box, and here is the information on the information cards!




This box arrived to me only six days after shipping by normal post which I was pretty impressed with, especially as that included a weekend!

1. AHC Whitening Special Gen Skin Care Kit, Solution, Serum and Cream 10ml each - $18
This is a three step overnight skincare set. I found this a little confusing at first but luckily Kitty was here to help me. Apparently you use step one, then step two, and the finally step three. Where would I be without her ;) This 'brightening medley' contains a toner, a serum and a moisturiser, infused with green tea, lavender, rose hip and more to moisturise and brighten the skin.

The guidelines also back Kitty up. 'First apply the solution to clean face, then the serum and then finally the cream to finish off your skincare routine'  It seems like a pretty nifty set. I personally will use it and think it is useful. It is a little travel/sample set but the full sizes are pretty expensive on places like KoreaDepart so I think the $18 value is pretty reasonable.

2. Dr MJ Jasmine Sleeping Water Mask 75ml $24

They pretty much were guaranteed to include at least one sleeping pack but I am glad they put in this one. It smells very much of jasmine, and is a lovely lavender colour like the packaging. Its very silky and I slept like a log when I had it on. Whether it was to do with the scent or the general fact I was really tired I have no idea, but I love it! My skin felt refreshed in the morning, and quite shiny but that soon washed off!



3. Pure Smile Potion Pack Hand $5
I assume the packaging is this awkward 'making me think my picture is wonky' shape to differentiate it from the face masks but I dislike it. I am only every bothered by very trivial things you see. Anyway there was an option of three types for this, Pearl, Royal Jelly and Hibiscus and I got Pearl. Yummy. I am intrigued by the idea of a hand mask as my hands are currently suffering from the cold weather. It is really a glove shaped sheet mask for the hands but I like Pure Smile face masks and my hands need the help!

4. Grinif Queen of Rose Water Eye Cream 30ml $50
This little eye cream could have quite happily slotted into a Cute Wishlist box. The pink and white outer packaging is adorable and the glass jar itself is shimmery and holographic. Very sweet indeed. Memebox have a history of putting in crazily priced eye creams in their boxes but this one will happily sit on my bedside cabinet being pretty. It smells and works like a typical eye cream, nothing over the top different or special.  It has macadamia oil, witch hazel, rose water and collagen for an anti wrinkle effect. It is also supposed to be tone balancing so will hopefully help with dark circles. Grinif has been popping up in a few boxes recently and so far I am pretty impressed with their packaging and products.

5. Grinif Shea Butter Multi Balm 30ml $13
Another Grinif product, this time a multi purpose balm, for dry patches on face, lip and body. I have Ultrabalm from Lush and this seems like a similar type of idea. This however smells much nicer! I love the little tin and it is small enough to be portable. The packaging is also really pretty, I love the cardboard outer and the tin reminds me of L'Occitane. 

6. Mizon Olive Cocoa Butter Foot Cream 80ml $9
The good thing about this box is that it really covers most of your body! We've had hands, face, eyes and now feet. This 'is the special product for coarse foot' and my feet are pretty horrible most of the time. Between the gym, running and being on my feet at work they take a lot of punishment and they sure let me know. I need to stock up on a few more peeling masks but I will be using this too. It feels nice but not too heavy that you have to sit with your feet up for ages whilst it absorbs. The name refers to the ingredients of olive oil and cacao butter, but it doesn't smell of either of those things. Will have to do a bulk order of heavy duty peeling masks then get to work with this product!

7. Glam Up Highly Enriched Ampoule 13ml $2

I am glad they put a hair product in here, but I do wish it was a little bigger. My hair hasn't been cut in *cough a year and eight months* so its pretty long, so this won't last more than one treatment. Due to a million different hair masks and conditioners it looks pretty nice if I bother to do something with it, but I always appreciate any hair treatments I can get my hands on. I definitely need to get it cut sometime soon though... You can apply this on wet or dry clean hair, and it says to use with a hair  cap for best results. Not sure how I feel about using this on clean hair as I find most hair treatments need to be washed out for best results otherwise my hair just looks greasy.

8. Rosemine Azulene Calming Gel 75ml $29
A 'miraculous blue calming gel, with no artificial colouring', I assume derived from Azuelene... I was excited for a really blue gel but although I can see its blue inside the tube it just comes out clear on me. Maybe I am not using enough. This isn't the most exciting looking of products, looking more like a Value Own Brand toothpaste tube, but it has good reviews. It is intended to soothe sore and trouble areas of skin, such as dry patches and blemishes. You can also use it as an overnight pack if needed.

So thats the lot. 8 items in all and they cover a wide variety of body parts. All are great useful little items, and I really like all of the treatments. Not all are strictly for use whilst sleeping but a good majority can. The box cost $29+ $7 shipping so one of the more expensive boxes. I ordered it in a large bulk order to use my 20% off code so I will have paid roughly $30 altogether for this. The Memebox value of this box is $150. Even if that is enthusiastic it is still a very good deal for the products that we received. Big thumbs up from me!

This box is sadly sold out but if you want a super cute box, click the picture below to enter my 100% free giveaway for the Memebox My Cute Wishlist 1!


Or if Cute Wishlist doesn't float your boat click the link below to check out what Memebox currently has to offer. It is admittedly rather slim pickings at the moment after only one box release in over a week! My blogger code for $5 off over $30 is CH5QYM and by clicking the link in the picture below you can access additional affiliate discounts. Thanks for reading!


Martha x

No comments:

Post a Comment