Saturday 22 November 2014

Memebox Princess Edition 4 The Little Mermaid: Unboxing and Review!

Although I really loved the first three Princess editions of Memebox, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Rapunzel, I only picked up one of the second set, Ariel (swiftly changed to The Little Mermaid...) Cinderella and Tinkerbell. The descriptions of both Cinderella and Tinkerbell seemed more make up based than skincare and I tend to avoid those boxes whenever possible!

Memebox Shop
I am definitely glad I went with this box as the other two did mostly feature make up!
A lot of people were hoping this would be a 'second edition' of the popular Earth and Sea box, as it claimed to being the best of both worlds, land and sea, to Memebox. Let us have a look and see if it delivered.



Admittedly at first glance these cards do not look like the most exciting products in the world, but I have often found the most 'boring' looking boxes turn out to be the ones with the best products. Hopefully they will live up to its predecessor (although Memebox did not advertise this as an Earth and Sea 2, to be fair)

1. Pureplus+ Bentonite Cleansing Soap $12
Pureplus is popping up in a few Memeboxes at the moment, both in Dry and Sensitive Skin and OMG 4. They also seem pretty keen on their cocoon usage as this soap, like the OMG toner, has cocoons and French clay. This soap is said to be moisturising and non drying due to the silk and clay. I am usually pretty nervous about using soaps on my face in case they are too drying so I may use this as a shaving soap for my legs first to see how it goes. It smells exactly like the mini Imperial Leather soaps you get in Bed and Breakfasts, so not the most exciting of smells and not one I am particularly fond of. The clay in this will be the 'land' element of the box theme.

2. DD'ell Extra Vitalizing Serum 30ml $42
So this serum has algae and galactomyce ferments (fancy mushrooms) The card describes the algae mostly, naturally with this being a sea themed box, saying its anti allergy, antioxidant, moisturising and rich in vitamins, vitamins and amino acids. It is also paraben free which I always appreciate! It has an interesting dispenser which is a mix of a pump and a dropper, you press the bottom down and it draws up product into the dropper. The smell is a mix between citrus and nail polish remover, so not entirely pleasant, but it does feel lovely on the skin and the smell soon dissipates.

3. Grinif Collagen Aqua Peeling Gel 120ml $20 
Grinif is another brand that has been popping up a lot recently in Memebox, and so far I have been really impressed by their products. This is a peeling gel, but a type I haven't tried before. Instead of this drying into a peel off mask, you massage it into your skin and all the lovely dead skin and dirt balls up with the product. I tried this and it started balling up straightaway. I'd like to think it was mostly product and only a little bit of skin junk, but my skin did feel very smooth and tight afterwards. Personally i think this smells horrible. Its not a bad smell but definitely not a scent I would choose. It has green tea, aloe vera and rosemary, and I think its the rosemary sending it over the smell edge for me.  I do like the effects though, so I will use this in the bath so the smell doesn't hang around too long.

4. Dearberry Pure and Popular White Clay Pack 100g $12
I have been hearing great reviews of this so I am excited to try it when I use up a couple more of my mask packs. Again it is one of those sleeper items, that looks fairly non descript in the package but is great for the skin. White clay to deeply cleanse and aloe vera to soothe and moisturise. Sounds like a perfect combination.  You can use this as an all over mask or a T-Zone pinpointed mask. 

5. Mizon Hyaluronic Ultra Suboon Cream 45ml $19
This is a facial moisturiser with natural ingredients to soothe and moisturise. Ingredients include tree sap which I suppose fits slightly into the land theme? Not massively impressed with this, it will do just fine I guess as a moisturiser but I will probably pass this on to another member of my family. I don't think it fits in with the theme well and isn't personally doing anything for me.

6. Pure Smile Original Mask Sheet $1 in Seaweed
This came in either pearl or seaweed, and having just bought a few pearl masks from Etude House I was happy to get seaweed! Pure Smily sheet masks have become a staple in Memeboxes and I am always happy to receive them! Especially in light of some recent acquisitions which I will be blogging about later tonight, but will not be going on my face! A good Korean sheet mask, on theme, a welcome addition to the box!

So there are definitely some things which fit into the earth and sea style description but I feel a couple of products missed the mark. I'm not overly impressed with the box as a whole but there are some individual products which I think are good. This box cost $29 originally plus $7 shipping, and has a Memebox value of $106. This isn't a box I would personally pick up again.

Memebox is looking pretty thin on the ground again! They released a fabulous collaboration box yesterday but that has since sold out! However if you do spy something you would like on there you can still use CH5QYM to get you $5 off your order until the end of November! You will also get an additional $5 or $10 affiliate discount depending on your order amount!

Memebox Global Shop
Martha x

4 comments:

  1. If anything I like the colors in the box. Lol..I do agree the first look light have been quite deceiving. This one got mixed reviews tho. Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its just OK :( Not bad, not good... middle of the rooooad!

      Delete
  2. You said it all right here: "I have often found the most 'boring' looking boxes turn out to be the ones with the best products." People get too caught up in "cute" packaging! I LOVE the items in this box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Don't get me wrong I love cute too but some of the best products I have from meme are plainly packaged!

      Delete