Friday 31 October 2014

Haul: Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette, Liquid Lipsticks, Ambient Lighting Powders

I just got a few Hourglass items in the mail from SpaceNK so decided to do a small haul and collection post on my Hourglass make up!

The main item I ordered was the Ambient Lighting Blush palette. Behold its glory!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
This is, I believe, a SpaceNK exclusive, not that lots of places stock Hourglass in the UK. I have been lusting over the palette since I first saw it on a random German shopping channel blog, and also when it hit the VIB exclusive in Sephora!
If you are unfamiliar with the Hourglass ambient lighting powders, they are supposed to mimic different types of lighting on the face. The use "photoluminescent technology" to refract light. They are intended to give the skin a lovely airbrushed look, making them look radiant. It is so hard to show the affects in photos but trust me, they work. One of my friends once described it as 'looking like I had glitter on my face... but in a nice way!' They just make your skin look almost soft focus, flawless and radiant.

The blushes are designed to compliment the corresponding ambient lighting powders, and are swirled with the powder itself. There are 6 powders altogether, dim, radiant, ethereal, diffused, luminous, mood and the palette exclusive incandescent. Each has a corresponding blush, and the blush palette has the exclusive corresponding blush for the incandescent light ambient powder, Incandescent Electra.

Okay so lets have a look at the palette again!

Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, Mood Exposure
I also have one other Hourglass Ambient Blush, but do not have the corresponding powder in Ethereal. Here is a photo to show the difference in size of the blushes.

Ambient Palette and Ethereal Glow Blush
The blushes in the palette are 0.11oz, and the full size is 0.15oz so almost 1/3 bigger.

The outsides of the compacts are a mirrored silver, a total magnet for fingerprints but they look beautiful!


Swatches of the four blushes on NW10 skin.

Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, Mood Exposure, Ethereal Glow
These blushes offer a good range of shades, especially the three in the palette which range from a luminous pink to a dustier peach. They really make you look absolutely glowing and sadly that is an effect which is hard to capture in still photographs!

Here are the blushes next to the Ambient Lighting Powder Palette.

Dim, Incandescent, Radiant, Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, Mood Exposure
 The palettes are also undeniably gorgeous. The ambient lighting powders are in a mirrored pewter coloured compact compared to the silver of the blushes. This makes it easier to know which is which in your collection, as it is hard to stick to just one!

Blush top - Powders bottom
Overall I cannot recommend these powders enough. They are versatile enough to work with all skin tones but for pale girls like me I would recommend luminous, mood and dim lighting powders and the matching blushes as a collection starter. They really do what they claim, making your skin look glowing from within and perfect.

SpaceNK was running a £10 off a £40 spend when I ordered the palette so that was a nice bonus. That did however take me below the minimum for free shipping so I decided to add in a liquid lipstick to take me over the limit. Thats my logic anyway!

Empress and Icon
I already had the bottom red colour, Icon. I got that from the US and the Empress from the UK which I assume explains the font differences. Both were from SpaceNK stores. These liquid lipsticks dry down matte and are difficult to budge. However, when they do start to fade they fade in quite a patch manner which is a shame.

Icon is much more purple than the in the tube, and Icon is deeper
These are not low maintenance liquid lipsticks but they are stunning and I love the matte finish they give. The colour range is however quite limited, with only nine shades. The packaging is sleek and stylish in typical Hourglass fashion though!

So that is all for my Hourglass haul and collection post! I really want to try their Mineral Veil primer but the price is slightly  crazy even for me so I am hoping to find it on a good discount deal!

xMx

No comments:

Post a Comment